All admissions to the school are managed by the Local Authority, Derbyshire County Council (DCC). Our admissions limit for each year group is 172. Information about the Admission Procedures can be found on DCC’s Website.
If you are applying for a school place and you live outside Derbyshire, then you will need to apply via your own Local Authority, who will then liaise with Derbyshire County Council. This is the case for normal applications for secondary school at the start of Year 7, as well as applications to change school at any other time.
Please see below a summary of what parents need to know:
- Parents have a legal right to express a preference for which school they want their child to attend. This is not the same as being able to choose, but means that if a parent expresses a preference for a particular school and there are places available then a place should be offered at that school. However, in law there is no automatic right to place a child in any particular school and it may not be possible to offer a place at a preferred school.
- If all school places are allocated and consequently the Local Authority informs you the school is full, then parents can still appeal against that decision to an independent appeals panel. The decision of the independent appeals panel is binding on the Local Authority, the school and parents.
Advice about admission appeals can be found on DCC’s Website.
We are currently advertising for the following posts:
- Assistant Headteacher (Ref No. DCC/18/9822A)
- Pastoral Manager (Ref No. DCC/18/9820A)
- Relief Cleaner (Ref No. DCC/18/9821A)
The recruitment packs are available to view on Derbyshire County Council’s website. The closing date is Sunday 6 May 2018.
Year 8 Parents’ Evening provides parents with a valuable opportunity to speak to teachers about their son/daughter’s progress. We would therefore, ask that all parents attend. Students will be booking appointment times for their parents between 4.15 and 7pm. If for particular reasons you are unable to attend, please contact the school to arrange an alternative time.
A Community Choir meets every Tuesday from 7.00pm to 8.30pm in the Music block at the school. The aim is to bring together people from the community who would like to share the enjoyment of singing together.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact the school on 01246 273985 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday 25 April
Year 8 Parents Evening
Monday 7 May
School closed for May Day
Monday 14 May
GCSE Exams commence
Friday 25 May
Last day of Term
Click below to download our Prospectus (.PDF). You may need Abode Reader to view: