The Governors expect parents to ensure all students keep to the school dress code shown below. Items only available from our Uniform Supplier are marked with an asterisk.
The Company who supply our main items of uniform is Schoolwear for Less; this link will take you to their website on which you will find information about ordering.
(Please note that trousers and skirts can be purchased elsewhere but they must be strictly in line with the styles on the Hasland Hall page of the Schoolwear for Less website. Where this is the case, we know that parents will use their discretion in selecting uniform but the final judgement on acceptability rests with the school. If ordering a skirt from the Supplier, please ensure that the length is going to be at knee level on your child.)
- Plain white ‘polo’ shirt
- Plain black formal ‘school’ trousers – see note in bold above. Trousers should not be like jeans or leggings.
- Tailored knee-length shorts may be worn in warmer weather.
- Girls may wear a plain black knee length formal ‘school’ skirt – fashion items such as lycra or split skirts are not suitable.
- *School sweatshirt – alternatives are not allowed eg. cardigans, leather or denim jackets or hoodies.
- Black shoes – no boots, trainers, canvas shoes or other sports shoes.
- Black or white socks
- *Black Polo PE shirt (with school logo)
- Black shorts
- Black track-suit for colder weather and outdoor work (track-suit bottoms may be worn for indoor work)
- A sweatshirt (optional)
- Football boots (optional)
- Sports socks
A waterproof sports rain-top is advisable for bad weather, shin-pads are recommended for football and mouth guards for hockey.
Please be aware of the following information:
- No clothing worn should present a health and safety hazard to either the student or others.
- Outdoor coats should be suitable for school, eg no denim or hoodies.
- The only jewellery allowed is one plain stud earring per ear and a watch. Any other form of piercings or jewellery are not allowed.
- Hair should not be extreme in terms of style, cut or colour eg no mohicans, shaving or lines
- Hair bands and other accessories should be plain black.
- Excessive make-up is not allowed.
- Boots may be worn only in extreme weather conditions (students will be advised about this at the time).
- Students may not wear or visibly carry (for example on bags or books) any badges, logos or slogans likely to cause offence to others.
- The school will provide goggles for practical work in Science and aprons for Design. Individual departments may provide separate advice for particular subjects at the start of the year.
We are currently advertising for the following posts:
The recruitment packs are available to view on Derbyshire County Council’s website.
We would like to invite parents of all children currently in Year 5 and Year 6 to attend our Open Evening on Wednesday 27 September between 6pm and 8pm. Choosing a secondary school for your son/daughter is an important decision and this evening should provide the information you will need.
During the evening there will be an opportunity to look round Hasland Hall, to meet staff in the different teaching areas and to listen to a short presentation from the Headteacher.
Wednesday 27 September
Monday 9 October
Year 7 Parent / Tutor Evening
Thursday 19 October
Last Day of Term
Friday 20 October
Teacher Training Day – School Closed to Students
Monday 30 October
Students Return to School
Thursday 2 November
Post 16 Information Evening
Tuesday 14 November
Year 11 Leavers’ Presentation Evening
Click below to download our Prospectus (.PDF). You may need Abode Reader to view: